Tuesday, October 6, 2009

"I Like You" - Glenn Rivera ReStructure Mix - Phyllis Nelson

"I Like You" - Glenn Rivera ReStructure Mix - Phyllis Nelson

Phyllis Nelson scored a disco hit with "Don't Stop The Train" in 1980 - this incredible driving dance floor track made her instantly recognizable. Following a few more singles came her 1985 blockbuster club hit, "I Like You".

The song was mixed by Shep Pettibone with an exacting break and outlined arrangement which made it big everywhere.I have taken a request from Dean and Rick in Australia to make "I Like You" a ReStructure track.

I have scraped the 12" and found the pieces of the song which keep the residue alive. The arrangement is now back and forth - but the song emphasizes the same mood and words.

Dedicated to Rick and Dean - with disco energy and care :)

No comments:

Blog Archive