Friday, July 17, 2015

ReStructure Mix Update (7/17/15) “My Girl” – Glenn Rivera ReStructure Mix – 1 Plus 1


ReStructure Mix Update (7/17/15) “My Girl” – Glenn Rivera ReStructure Mix – 1 Plus 1
1 Plus 1 is a Bobby Orlando project under a title which is best known as the high energy stamp of the 80s. A heavy wall of percussion and simple keyboard riffs make this blend of electronics and camp-like vocals. This cover of The Temptations Motown classic, “My Girl” is one which made my dance floor come alive during fast moving energy sets. It keeps the flow of the original moving to a rolling synthesizer arrangement and crashing percussion loops. It makes the 80s a fun place to venture onto once again and relive the simple movements of dance music.

I have taken the original 12” version on Bobcat Records and created a ReStructure Mix which takes the original Motown masterpiece into the disco lights and energy. It flows the same manner as the 12" arrangement – which I wanted to leave intact. It is sprinkled with some new dance floor glitter and pieces of the original riffs that make soul and disco feel right!

No comments:

Blog Archive