Sunday, July 8, 2007

• The Runner - Glenn Rivera ReStructure Mix - The Three Degrees
Giorgio Moroder and The The Degrees. Period. Enough to let you know it is good. Four talents that would make disco history and linger on forever. I can remember hearing that the group had recorded with Moroder in 1978 and was trying to hold back my excitement - but after picking up the 12" single of "The Runner" I could not contain myself. This cut was written by Sheila Ferguson and placed over the pulsating synths of the disco genius himself. The evolution of the keyboard was becoming more interesting at this point especially when you wrap the vocals of these lovely ladies around them. I was a bit unsure of how to even approach a remix of this classic - but after taking pieces of those synthesizers and breaking the song into parts the rest was done with such excitement.
Dedicated to Jeep for his reminder of just how incredible these ladies are!

No comments:

Blog Archive