Wednesday, March 2, 2011

"New York At Night" - Glenn Rivera ReStructure Mix - Kelly Marie

"New York At Night" - Glenn Rivera ReStructure Mix - Kelly Marie

Kelly Marie began her solo recording career in 1976 with "Who's That Lady With My Man" - her hit "Run To Me" came with her second LP "If I Can't Have You". Her career on the disco dance floor remained true throughout the 80s with her biggest hit, "Feels Like I'm In Love".

From the LP "Feels Like I'm In Love" comes the single "New York At Night" which made the flip side to her US single "Feels Like I'm In Love" - with a remix by Bobby DJ Guttadaro - and an added dialogue with Bobby and DJ Lance Wise. This moment on the record holds a special place: meeting Lance Wise in Los Angeles in 1984 and spinning along side him as well as dancing to his outstanding sets at The Probe. He was a very special man and his recollection of this recording was hysterical - it holds a special place in my memory,

This ReStructure Mix is dedicated to the memory of Mr. Lance Wise - a very special friend and music influence.

No comments:

Blog Archive