Friday, August 19, 2011

"You and I" - Glenn Rivera ReStructure Mix - Rick James

"You and I" - Glenn Rivera ReStructure Mix - Rick James

Rick James changed the face of soul/funk and disco music during his rein from 1978 throughout the 80s. His productions enhanced the hardcore edge of a sound which began in the early 70s with experimental artists like George Clinton and Bootsy Collins. A hard hitting emphasis of rhythm guitars and rock-edged yet soulful vocals played a big part in the outline.

His initial album with The Stone City Band was titled "Come Get It!" and contained the hits, "Mary Jane" and "You and I" - the track "You and I" made a big debut in discotheques during a time when Euro-disco and pop-dance was on top - it was quite an impact!

I have ReStructured "You and I" and have given it a face-lift for the bottom line groove and the clever and sometimes naughty lines. It is a deeper mix which emphasizes the 70s era in its creative state and a current remodel for remembrance of a great dance era.

Dedicated to Mr. James and hit great sound and courage to live life on his own terms.


No comments:

Blog Archive