Wednesday, January 28, 2015

ReStructure Mix Update (1/28/15) “Music In My Heart” – Glenn Rivera ReStructure Mix – Ultimate


ReStructure Mix Update (1/28/15) “Music In My Heart” – Glenn Rivera ReStructure Mix – Ultimate

Ultimate is a project from producer Juliano Salerni and co-producer/engineer Bruce Weeden. The project is very similar to Boris Midney’s USA European Connection album “Come Into My Heart/Good Loving” with a layer more of orchestration. The Euro-disco sound was exploding in 1978 thanks to artists/producers like Cerrone and Alec R. Constandinos. It was a Philly sound with more breakdowns and clever themes guiding dancers through a journey. “Music In My Heart” is one of the album cuts which always reminded me of the hardcore shift in top disco tracks of the time. The vocals are credited by Ultimate which are close to the Midney session a year earlier.

I have taken the album version of “Music In My Heart” and created a ReStructure Mix with an electronic minded intro and then extended pieces and parts which ring out the sound of disco which helped to define its sound during the late 70s.

No comments:

Blog Archive