Friday, October 16, 2015

ReStructure Mix Update (10/16/15) “I Feel Love” (The Live Version) – Glenn Rivera ReStructure Mix – Donna Summer


ReStructure Mix Update (10/16/15) “I Feel Love” (The Live Version) – Glenn Rivera ReStructure Mix – Donna Summer

Donna Summer released “Live and More” at the height of her career and also the highest raging flames of disco nightlife. The 1978 release gave us a “live” performance of Donna at the Universal Amphitheatre on stage with her greatest hit up to this point. “I Feel Love” featured a dynamite live arrangement – and Donna purring those sensual chants over and over at her best. The three sided “live” recording is probably the best of any artist – Donna at her best.

I have taken the “live” track of “I Feel Love” from the “Live and More” double album to recreate a new ReStructure Mix that plays out the energy and excitement of the song and break it down in a new way. It is a tribute to the lady who never left me disappointed as a teenager being “shut out” and too young to enter discotheques in the mid-70s – but finding my imagination and love for Donna’s music and voice – all alone in my room with headphones!

No comments:

Blog Archive