Thursday, April 28, 2016

ReStructure Mix Update (4/27/16) “I Believed” – Glenn Rivera ReStructure Mix – Alma Faye


ReStructure Mix Update (4/27/16) “I Believed” – Glenn Rivera ReStructure Mix – Alma Faye
Alma Faye is a disco artist who brought a soulful sound to discotheques with her style and delivery. Her first dance single “Stop, I Don’t Need No Sympathy” from 1977 is a classic in the early period of disco music’s formulation and creative mind. Many of the tracks from her album “Doin’ It” from 1979 are either classic productions or worthy of something memorable. This is one of those voices that I found exciting and a sound that was close to the soulful edge of Philly with more. “Don’t Fall In Love” is one of the recordings that I hold dear to my heart and all-time playlists – the production by Dominic Sciscente and Michel Daigle is one of the best using the disco formula.

I have focused this issue of ReStructure Mixes to a request from Nick and Lindsay who always seem to bring out the rare and underground tracks for suggestions.

“I Believed” is one of the tracks from “Doin’ It” which plays out once again with a bittersweet emotions with a lush and soulful touch. The arrangement takes on a new feel and musical satisfaction. I have taken the album version and touched up the original with more beats and effects along with a whole new length. It was great fun to take this one onto the chopping block and then assemble it again with an early morning dance floor in mind.

No comments:

Blog Archive