Wednesday, July 20, 2016

ReStructure Mix Update (7/20/16) “Don’t Go Breaking My Heart” – Glenn Rivera ReStructure Mix – Elton John & Kiki Dee


ReStructure Mix Update (7/20/16) “Don’t Go Breaking My Heart” – Glenn Rivera ReStructure Mix – Elton John & Kiki Dee

Elton John and Bernie Taupin wrote the pop-disco hit, “Don’t Go Breaking My Heart” from 1976 – the track was originally intended as a duet for Elton and Dusty Springfield. It was recorded with English singer Kiki Dee who’s 1974 hit “I’ve Got The Music In Me” made her a familiar name. The success of “Don’t Go Breaking My Heart” made it #1 in the UK for six weeks. The track always reminded me of a fluffy disco number with the simple love notes and the orchestral strings soaring throughout the beats and rhythms. A great pop 70s song that I gave a moment with a ReStructure Mix to pay homage to its own.

I have taken the single version of “Don’t Go Breaking My Heart” along with an anonymous karaoke version to tie this ReStructure Mix with some looping and new arrangements allowing more of the sweetness to linger on. One of my favorite radio hits and a definite disco emulation.

No comments:

Blog Archive