Wednesday, November 16, 2016

ReStructure Mix Update (11/16/16) “Hurricane” - Glenn Rivera ReStructure Mix – Tapps


ReStructure Mix Update (11/16/16) “Hurricane” - Glenn Rivera ReStructure Mix – Tapps

Tapps is a high energy project with Candy Berthiaume, Allan Coelho and Tony DaCosta. One of the big 80s disco projects which helped to bring on the new layer of dance music history labeled “high energy”. An electronic production with the percussion and beats of disco along with the 80s synth-pop touch echoing throughout. “Hurricane” is from their 1987 album “Turn It On” – produced by Alan Coelho and John Forbes. This one is a powerful heartbreak number that was a big hit following their previous double hits “My Forbidden Lover” and “Runaway (With My Love)”. A big hit on my playlists and one which brought many nights of non-stop energy to a peak.

I have taken the original 12” vocal and instrumental of “Hurricane” and recreated a whole new storm in this ReStructure Mix. It uses more of the looping of the heavy duty synthesizer riffs and portions of the rock-edged portions. I have always found it difficult to get this one out of my head and now I realize that good high energy music is simple and contagious – a great inheritances from the disco era of the 70s.

http://www.glennrivera.com/multiply/tapps_hurricane_restructuremix.jpg

No comments:

Blog Archive