Monday, May 8, 2017

ReStructure Mix Update (5/8/17) “I Know You Will” - Glenn Rivera ReStructure Mix – Logg


ReStructure Mix Update (5/8/17) “I Know You Will” - Glenn Rivera ReStructure Mix – Logg

Logg is a project from producers Greg Carmichael and Leroy Burgess – a duo who knew the direction of disco music in the late 70s onto the 80s. A funk-edge was taking over much of the underground sound in clubs like Paradise Garage with DJs like Larry Levan at the controls. A soulful vocal and a slick rhythm arrangement brought a new excitement to dance floors that were searching for yet another curve in the music. It was progression that later became house/garage music. “I Know You Will” is one of the garage-feel songs that I latched onto early and found myself building a segment in my playlist of this new sound. Lead vocal from Leroy Burgess bring back his unforgettable performances in The Fantastic Aleems.

I have taken the album version of “I Know You Will” and played out a new ReStructure Mix that uses up the riffs that stand out in my mind. A few new breaks and play with Leroy’s fabulous vocals are also added.

No comments:

Blog Archive