Saturday, June 3, 2017

ReStructure Mix Update (6/3/17) "In My Fantasy (I Want You, I Need You)" - Glenn Rivera ReStructure Mix - Sylvester


ReStructure Mix Update (6/3/17) "In My Fantasy (I Want You, I Need You)" - Glenn Rivera ReStructure Mix - Sylvester

Sylvester is one of disco’s most celebrated artists and talents where during the momentum of this genre he continued to deliver a style which built upon itself. His fourth album “Living Proof” is a landmark concert recording of Sylvester and his incredible back system Two Tons ‘O Fun – Martha Wash and Izora Rhodes in all their glory. Two additional tracks included in this two-vinyl set are “Can’t Stop Dancing” and “"In My Fantasy (I Want You, I Need You)". Both are the disco flash that was the full delivery that was needed at the time. "In My Fantasy (I Want You, I Need You)" is the return to a disco concept of a simple hook and breaks that create a dance pattern of hooks and fantastic vocal performance. A great sensual disco feel that marks the period.

I have taken the album version of "In My Fantasy (I Want You, I Need You)" and recreated ReStructure Mix pay homage to the disco genre with a few familiar riffs. This time around it is laid out with more looping and original components to complete a playful picture. I have used most of the great pieces outlined in the 12” mix from John Hedges and Marty Blechman – the men who helped to make fantasies on the dance floor come true.

No comments:

Blog Archive