Friday, February 9, 2018

ReStructure Mix Update (2/9/18) “I Wanna Be Your Lover” - Glenn Rivera ReStructure Mix – La Bionda



La Bionda is Angelo and Carmelo La Bionda – a duo who helped to formulate Italo-disco in the early 70s. Their music has always displayed a dramatic flair or a simple yet effective sound and always fun to move to. La Bionda released their project “I Wanna Be Your Lover” in 1980 with a definite move towards a full electronic sound. The title track is a single in a realm that hits hard with the keyboard elements that operate in a robotic manner. The somewhat space adventure seems to point at the fear of connecting to a lovelorn admirer and comparing it to unknown and fearful territory. A light and more comedic edge.



I have taken the 12” version of “I Wanna Be Your Lover” and moved deeper in “the depths of space” with a few new sample from a Kraftwerk classic and using bits of pieces of the song to form a new blast off. Since the theme here is a bit of comedic riffs I took the closing into my own hands. It is a touch of Azul Y Negro on La Bionda.

No comments:

Blog Archive