Thursday, November 22, 2018

ReStructure Mix Update (10/17/18) “I’m A Dancer” - Glenn Rivera ReStructure Mix – V.I.S.A.


ReStructure Mix Update (10/17/18) “I’m A Dancer” - Glenn Rivera ReStructure Mix – V.I.S.A.

V.I.S.A. is an Italo-disco project from 1979 produced by Angelo Piccarreta and arranged by Celso Valli. This four cut album is the blend of Italo-disco changing the landscape of disco music which we knew from the late 70s. The energy became more of the focus and electronics were the solution for the sound of this continuum. “I’m A Dancer” is from the album titled “San Francisco” and it is one of the perfect club records of its time. It takes the dance floors on a trip back to the underground feel of disco music where the beat was only there for the chorus and remained light and almost unnoticed though the story of a man so in love with losing himself on the dance floor he compares it to his romance. One of the great works of arranged/producer Celso Valli as he relies on horns, rolling bass and disco syndrum effects to cast an almost moody and dark energy. A favorite project of mine and one which took me back into the basics of disco once again.

I have taken the album version of “I’m A Dancer” and choreographed a new phase for this song. It has more of the top layer of percussion with claps and high end to give it more power. The vocals are left intact as they are the message that the 80s brought from Italo-disco as many still yearned to express themselves as a ‘dancer’.

No comments:

Blog Archive