Sunday, January 20, 2008

"This Is My Life (La Vita)" - Glenn Rivera ReStructure Mix - Shirley Bassey

• "This Is My Life (La Vita)" - Glenn Rivera ReStructure Mix - Shirley Bassey

In 1979 Shirley Bassey joined the dance floor for a rendition of her 1976 hit, “This Is My Life” – the track had enough drama to bring a roaring chorus line to the center of any dance floor. The best part of this recording is that it was produced by Rick Gianatos and listed on the United Artists 12” as “"rerecorded by" due to contractual conflict with original album producers.” An interesting piece of information.

The original mix flows beautifully and builds into a crescendo for Bassey to be “Bassey” – a great disco cover. I have taken bits and pieces of this classic and created my ReStructure with a new direction. Some stops and pauses along the way break the song down into a vision.

Thanks to Alan for the request and this one is “for you!”

No comments:

Blog Archive