Sunday, August 30, 2009

"I Am What I Am" - Glenn Rivera ReStructure Mix - Village People

• "I Am What I Am" - Glenn Rivera ReStructure Mix - Village People

In 1977 Jacques Morali brought his concept to life - a chorus line of men dressed as stereo-types in the machismo world. Village People was born and has since been embedded in history.

Their second LP "Macho Man" from 1978 embraced the idea where a gay overtone was more than present. It was a period where disco music began to unify all stereotypes as fun and freedom. Quite an accomplishment for a genre of music.

"I Am What I Am" is a track that pulls the concept out and glorifies it as deep as it gets - I have always believed it myself. Victor Willis makes the message loud and clear as the boys (Randy Jones, David Hodo, Felipe Rose, Glenn Hughes and Alex Briley) make the shout out heard.

This ReStructure extends the original LP version and adds some new pounding beats into the arena. It is dedicated to Mr. Randy Jones - thank you for being who you are, Randy!

No comments:

Blog Archive