Tuesday, January 3, 2012

"Don't Stop" - Glenn Rivera ReStructure Mix - K.I.D.

"Don't Stop" - Glenn Rivera ReStructure Mix - K.I.D.

K.I.D. is a project led by Geoff Bastow (Stainless Steal, Foxx, Patto) who worked with Giorgio Moroder closely during The Munich Years. His performances include the early Donna Summer and Munich Machine albums.

The ensemble of K.I.D. released the single "Don't Stop" in 1980 from their LP "Number One" - it was released in the US in 1981. The sound consisted of heavy synthesizers and Bastow keyboards. It was a nice return to the mechanical disco sound with the uplifting chorus vocals.

I have taken the 12" version of "Don't Stop" and recreated a mix with more of depth and break-wise moments - not leaving out much of that beat-and-clap sound.

This ReStructure Mix is dedicated to Geoff Bastow who sadly passed in 2007.

No comments:

Blog Archive