Sunday, April 8, 2012

"Tinsel Town In The Rain" - Glenn Rivera ReStructure Mix - The Blue Nile

"Tinsel Town In The Rain" - Glenn Rivera ReStructure Mix - The Blue Nile

The Blue Nile is a Scottish band from Glasgow. The band released it's first album in 1983 titled "A Walk Across The Rooftops". The single "Tinsel Town In The Rain" was an underground synth-pop hit in clubs which offered an alternative dance selection and many after-hours clubs. It is the perfect lilting melody for this style of club music.

The track was introduced to me at the time through a good friend, Marty Parriot (who passed in 1994) and was a favorite during Sunday tea-dances for my dancers. I have always had an affection for the strings and moodiness of the song - so this ReStructure Mix is an homage to my friend, Marty and also the fantastic track.

The song was produced by Paul Buchanan and Robert Bell

Thank you again Marty - you are still with me in my music room and we are sharing hours and hours of music together!

No comments:

Blog Archive