Thursday, December 6, 2018

ReStructure Mix Update (11/30/18) “My Love Is Hot (Caliente)” - Glenn Rivera ReStructure Mix – Lalomie Washburn


ReStructure Mix Update (11/30/18) “My Love Is Hot (Caliente)” - Glenn Rivera ReStructure Mix – Lalomie Washburn

Lalomie Washburn is a soul and funk singer from the early 70s also from featured in bands High Voltage and Love Craft. Her solo recording began in 1977 with her album “My Music Is Hot” on disco music’s Parachute Records. The project was produced by Sye Mitchell and took Lalomie into a disco funk arena with a perfect landing for her soulful and sexy delivery. “My Love Is Hot (Caliente)” is the single which I caught onto with its Latin percussion outline and standard lounge male chorus adlibs. It is one of the great funk fares of the mid-70s and also features The Waters on backup vocals. A driving number that is one of the remnants of a great era of funk to disco.

I have taken the album version of “My Love Is Hot (Caliente)” and rearranged the hot track with a new ReStructure Mix for a deeper layout. It features a riff from an earlier recording produced by Sye Mitchell titled “Everybody Must Pay” by Swede. This new rework is a treatment of the loops and additions to give Lalomie another chance to lure us into the “hot” music these two have left us with.

No comments:

Blog Archive