Tuesday, June 18, 2019

ReStructure Mix Update (6/18/19) “Baby, I Love You” - Glenn Rivera ReStructure Mix – Nicky Onidis





ReStructure Mix Update (6/18/19) “Baby, I  Love You” - Glenn Rivera ReStructure Mix – Nicky Onidis

Nicky Onidis is a German entertainer who released two dance singles in the early 80s’s in the synth-pop sound which seemed to awaken dance floors following soundtracks like “Flashdance”. A soft pop-rock edge was always evident in most of these tracks as well and the hard hitting syn-drums. Nicky’s second single from 1982 was produced by Patric Perquee and is a cover of The Ronnettes 1964 song “Baby, I Love You”. This version is the synthesized disco-pop style which pours out the sound as Phil Spector worked in his music. Nicky Onidis takes her falsetto into the classic and makes it sweet and a bit camp. It was a single that was released as a 3:28 version 12” single so it missed the extended mix market. It caught my ear for the after-hours moments when the crowd was ready for a little surprise.

I have taken the short 12” version of “Baby, I Love You” and worked the keyboards and drums into new ReStructure Mix. Since the chorus stands out as it originally did I worked a few breaks and dub moments to break this extended version into more parts.

No comments:

Blog Archive