Saturday, January 20, 2024

ReStructure Mix Update (1/20/24):”I'm Not Perfect (But I'm Perfect For You)” – Glenn Rivera ReStructure Mix – Grace Jones

 


Grace Jones is the “showgirl” of disco music. Her unique style and music contributions have never sold her short of fabulous. Her 1986 project titled “Inside Story” is again Ms. Jones being, “Ms. Jones”. “I’m Not Perfect (But I’m Perfect For You” is the big single and was co-produced by Chic’s Nile Rogers along with Grace. This one sticks to Grace as it displays her persona undoubtedly and also carries through a play with words in many ways as Grace sells her wares once again. The song became a big club hit made this disco star shine all over again.

I have taken the 12” vocal, dub and instrumental of “I'm Not Perfect (But I'm Perfect For You)” and realigned the track for a new ReStructure Mix. I have flattened out much of the rambunctious portions and given the new arrangement some smooth transitions into verses and some new breaks.

No comments:

Blog Archive