Saturday, April 5, 2008

"Lady Bump" - Glenn Rivera ReStructure Mix - Penny McClean

• "Lady Bump" - Glenn Rivera ReStructure Mix - Penny McClean

1975 marked on of the most memorable periods for what was once called “boogie” music on AM Radio stations – it soon became disco music after the beat became more solidified.

Michael Kunze produced this solo LP by Penny McLean who was known for her part in Silver Convention – and from what I understand many assisted in these productions. As the spoken part of the song was actually done by Lucy Neale (who was a part of Donna Summer and Giorgio’s backup ensembles) and for whatever the facts a big group of Munich artists and producers played a big part in disco’s formulation.

I have taken the classic, “Lady Bump” and created more of a Saturday night ReStructure Mix using the drums and some of the fabulous vocals camp tracks! Keep on bumpin’! This is just what the doctor ordered…

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glenn,
You read my mind !!!!
I was thinking the other day about this could use a remix and you read my mind. Who, says the universe does not listen ?? You picked up my thoughts or I read yours ?? Anyway, glad it happened and you again excel beyond words with your gold hands !!!
Alan

Anonymous said...

PS hope you are feeling better !!!
Alan

Blog Archive