Wednesday, April 30, 2008

"I'll Play The Fool" - Glenn Rivera ReStructure Mix - Dr. Buzzard's Original Savannah Band

• "I'll Play The Fool" - Glenn Rivera ReStructure Mix - Dr. Buzzard's Original Savannah Band

Sandy Linzer (Odyssey, Cory Daye, Teresa, T.S. Monk) produced this project in 1976 - and it is hailed as one of the first and top productions in it's class. There are many familiar faces in this band - Don Armando ("Deputy Of Love"), Charlie Calello, August Darnell, and Cory Daye on vocals.

My first experience with this band was the single, "Cherchez La Femme/C'est Si Bon" at the age of 15 - it was not only one of the most exciting songs I was hearing constantly on the radio but also my first recollection of disco music becoming more sought after.

I have taken the track, "I'll Play The Fool" and added a few new elements of beats and percussion to break and extend the track a bit more. Subtle pieces of clap add a bit more discotheque atmosphere.

Dedicated to Anthony Gioffre for his sharing his Studio 54 experience and friendship with me.

No comments:

Blog Archive