Tuesday, April 8, 2008

"You're A Winner" - Glenn Rivera ReStructure Mix - Sharon Redd

• "You're A Winner" - Glenn Rivera ReStructure Mix - Sharon Redd

Disco divas have entertained us throughout the years. Helping us to make life easier by looking at our relationships on the lighter side, the painful side and sometimes helping us to move on. That is the role of a "diva" - to influence us.

Sharon Redd (1945 - 1992) is my all-time muse of both spirit and dance. The opportunity to meet this incredible soul is one of the highlights of my life. After many years of idolizing her music and voice it was indeed a great opportunity to learn more about the feeling behind the music and words she sang about.

"You're A Winner" was a song that I remember lifting me at one a most needed time of my life - being alone in a new city. This song made my life brighter making me believe, "I was a 'winner'"! Now taking the song into careful and loving hands I ReStructure Sharon's classic track that is still uplifting in many ways.

Ms. Redd deserves all of the accolades that she receives everywhere - she is a great soul and lives on even today with her music and energy.

Please check out Sharon's videos made here in San Diego at YouTube by CLICKING HERE

Take care and good energy to you all.

No comments:

Blog Archive