Saturday, July 7, 2012

"Boys Will Be Boys" - Glenn Rivera ReStructure Mix - Duncan Sisters

"Boys Will Be Boys" - Glenn Rivera ReStructure Mix - Duncan Sisters
Helen and Phyllis Duncan are Duncan Sisters - along with the disco producers, Ian Guenther and Willi Morrison. Their first solo album from 1979 would qualify as one of the best disco albums recorded.

"Boys Will Be Boys" is the second single from the LP and is a favorite among disco connoisseurs and followers of The Duncans from THP #2 and Sticky Fingers. The track has a Western feel with a twang here and there.

I have taken the 12" version and created a ReStructure Mix with a bit more of the bongo, bass and rhythm tracks - along with the wonderful vocals of the Duncan Sisters laid on heavy.

This ReStructure Mix is dedicated to Nick and Lindsay - thank you for asking - it was fun!

1 comment:

njblas said...

I couldn't count the number of times I've listened to this today - totally lovin' it:) All the elements which made this song stand out are back in this new mix - it has a great dubby feel which carries you along with the groove. My favourite part has always been "So if you see me now, the traces of the tears I cried are on my face, the way I lost my love it's really no disgrace, it happens every day to somebody" - so glad you doubled up on that bit!
Another winner - many thanks Glenn - as always! N&L:)

Blog Archive