Sunday, June 12, 2022

ReStructure Mix Update (6/12/22): “Beat My Drum” – Glenn Rivera ReStructure Mix – Claudja Barry


Claudja Barry is the “muse of disco music” – throughout her recording career she has continued to deliver one hit after another without losing her stance or dedication to the dance floor. Always a delicacy for me her voice is an operatic diva serenading the floor with her energy. “Beat My Drum” comes from her 1983 EP titled “No La De Da Part 2” – produced by Jürgen S. Korduletsch. This dive into the lounge music of the 50’s transforms the dance floor into a nightclub complete with Ricky Ricardo on the congas. A nice theme and driving rhythm that gives Claudja a home for her fabulous vocals.

I have taken the album version of “Beat My Drum” and pounded out the beats for this ReStructure Mix. A new rhumba beat is added to give it a new foundation is segments and some loop-effects to drive the message home…or to the clubs! 
 

No comments:

Blog Archive