Wednesday, February 9, 2011

"Blow My Mind" - Glenn Rivera ReStructure Mix - Celi Bee

"Blow My Mind" - Glenn Rivera ReStructure Mix - Celi Bee

Celi Bee (Celina Ines Camacho) began recording in 1977 and had a big disco hit with "Superman" - later to be covered by Herbie Mann. Her next few albums made her a unique addition to the disco roster. She continued recording onto the late 80s.

Her four LP featured the titled track, "Blow My Mind" - the song had a hard hitting disco edge with the funky riffs to make it a dance floor hit. This track was one of the finale of the disco period for Celi Bee until she recorded with Ray Martinez in 1983 on a cover of "I'm Free".

I have ReStructured "Blow My Mind" and pulled allot of synthesizer and beat tracks to create an extended and new arrangement. It is a slick track and still makes the ears and feet tap with that infectious disco groove.

No comments:

Blog Archive