Wednesday, March 7, 2012

"No Regrets" - Glenn Rivera ReStructure Mix - Quartzlock

"No Regrets" - Glenn Rivera ReStructure Mix - Quartzlock

I like to think of Quartzlock's "No Regrets" as the crowning touch of high energy in 1988. This song is one of the most recognizable songs in the clubs of hardcore high energy and club music. It features Lonnie Gordon on vocals presenting an emotional and powerful delivery for a disco track. I would say the "I Will Survive" of the late 80's.

"No Regrets" is a disco cover of The Walker Brothers 1975 hit - written and performed originally by Tom Rush. The production by Marc Andrews is flawless - with a gentle yet effective pounding to present a stage for heartache.

I have taken the 12" Musclebound Mix and ReStructured the piece into a new journey for memory sake. I can remember hearing this track for the first time and thought I heard Bette Midler singing? What a night that must have been!

3 comments:

njblas said...

Love Lonnie Gordon...love the energy of this Restructure...that soundbite at the start sounds like The Morning After by Maureen McGovern:) Nick & Lindsay x

ReStructure Mix/Disco Video Mix by Glenn Rivera said...

Thank you, Boys :)

That idea came from a club I played at in Los Angeles - a guy (who did not like high energy or disco) came to my booth and said in a sarcastic way that the song was too dramatic and it sounded like "The Morning After"...

I loved the comment - I loved "The Morning After" (and still do) so it always made me laugh to myself that his mind connected disco to a dramatic early-70s song of such drama. He made me love both songs even more! :)

njblas said...

From a snitchy comment, a great idea evolved - you've gotta love that:)

Blog Archive