Saturday, April 6, 2024

Movies In Memory: “Psycho” (1961)



Movies In Memory: “Psycho”  (1961)

I can remember as a small child, probably in 1968 or 69 the first run of Alfred Hitchcock's now classic film, ”Psycho” on a major television network. No matter how curious I was about the “movie concept” which was started by watching a big theater marquee being updated every Wednesday night with the new strange titles. During the television premiere of “Psycho” my brother and two sisters were instructed to stay upstairs to play while this movie was playing and the adults were watching downstairs. I remember asking what the name of the film was,  and my mother told me, “Psycho”. As I would by seeing the film titles on the marquee I imagined that this movie titled, “Cycle” would be about a motorcycle or bicycle.

Years later as I discovered the film and learned what the title “Psycho” was I watched  and felt like a total idiot. In a light hearted thought process I understood that as a child back (way back)  that is what “innocence” was. Nowadays I don't know if that's even possible for children with so much information readily available.

. It's all good though and it's a wonderful memory :-)



 

No comments:

Blog Archive