Friday, August 3, 2007

Star Cruiser - Glenn Rivera ReStructure Mix - Gregg Diamond's Star Cruiser

• Star Cruiser - Glenn Rivera ReStructure Mix - Gregg Diamond's Star Cruiser
When TK Records hired Gregg Diamond to produce a Bionic Boogie for their label, Diamond did them the favor. This fantastic project came at a time when perfection rang among the disco music of the time. Gregg was responsible for Andrea True Connection, Bionic Boogie, Gloria Gaynor, George McCrae recordings and took his talents into the studio again with an array of talent. Much of music here remains intact with "Star Cruiser" being no exception. Horns, guitars, strings and funky vocals (Gordon Grody, Diva Gray, Jocelyn Brown and Zach Sanders). It's no wonder why Diamond is the underground choice for hard-core disco music before, during and after the boom!
Dedicated to Alan for all of his support, kindness, energy and of course, for asking :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glenn,
WOW, I am thrilled at the choice "Star Cruiser"!!!
And I am even more thrilledb your dedication to me. I am so honored that the NUMBER ONE DJ chose me. THANKS FOR THE MIX, OF COURSE YOUR MIX IS FLAWLESS , As ALWAYS !!!
THANKS AGAIN,
Alan

Anonymous said...

YOWSAH !!!!!!!!!
One of my FAVORITE Donna songs. I always felt that this was not the hit it should/could have been. Donna, brought back the "LOVE TO LOVE YOU" sound with a more upbeat tempo. I am thrilled GLENN did this one, and AGAIN, he topped his last effort, each RESTRUCTURE just gets better. I love the INTRO!!!!
KEEP THEM COMING GLENN. They make my day from our NUMBER ONE DJ-GLENN RIVERA !!!!!!!
Thanks Again,
Alan

Blog Archive