Monday, February 25, 2008

House Tactics III: New Emotion, Arthur Baker, Tom Novy, Club Z, Dionne, Katherine E and Lickwid Lips

TO ACCESS MUSIC ON MULTIPLY - CLICK HERE

”Don't Go” - New Emotion
Klone Records
1992
Produced by Ray 'Madman' Hedges - Vocals by Sandra Edwards A techno remake of Yaz’s “Don’t Go” – does not quite make an impact but no doubt complementary of the classic track.

“I.O.U.” - Arthur Baker
RCA
1992
Produced and arranged by Arthur Baker - Vocals by Nikeeta – A remake of Baker’s own production of the 1983 street track by Freeze. Did not work as well as a house track, but once again complementary and may float someone hardcore house collections “boats”.

”I Rock” – Tom Novy
Logic 3000 Records
1999
Vocals - Virginia - Electronic dance music in transition again prior to the millennium.

”If U Want My Love” – Dionne
First Choice
1991
Produced by Komix - Beautiful female house track with a touch of that Philly arrangement. A favorite of mine again with all of the ingredients of a wonderful house record. Still rings to the “the top” with me.

“I'm Alright” - Katherine E
Dead Dead Good
1991
A bizarre track that I played quite a bit thanks to the house over tones – but today it still sounds quite bizarre.

“Take My Love” - Lickwid Lips Featuring Chantzi D
M&VT (Music & Vision Trading)
1992
Produced by Lee Tucker and Steve Davis – A favorite track of mine during the techno and house fusion – this one is quite sensual and has a great melancholy feel to it. This one I classify as a traditional early morning track – with energy.

”I Wanna Be Someone” - Club Z
PWL International
1992
Produced by Peter Daou and Victor Simonelli - Inspiration from Tony Humphries – a track that made house music a hit with me during the time when it was a toss up between both house and techno.

TO ACCESS MUSIC ON MULTIPLY - CLICK HERE

No comments:

Blog Archive