Wednesday, February 28, 2024

ReStructure Mix Update (2/28/24):”If U Want My Love” – Glenn Rivera ReStructure Mix – Dionne


ReStructure Mix Update (2/28/24):”If U Want My Love” – Glenn Rivera ReStructure Mix – Dionne

Dionne (Beryl Dionne Warren) is a club artist recording from the late 80’s throughout 2009. Her releases always have one common trait – her beautiful voice and sensual delivery. “If U Want My Love” is her 1991 release produced by Andrew Komis. This track is presented in 3 versions in the garage house tradition and along with the flowing vocal made this one a top 10 hit in my club during its release. Each segment of the production is stripped raw and pumped with percussion and bass in that garage flair. With the house era moving into a more pop realm this is the sound that helped make the club sound noticeable.

I have taken the 12” versions of “If U Want My Love” and used the powerful elements of each to renew this beauty for a ReStructure Mix. The bass keyboards provide a new segue for the base of this new arrangement along with a few new breaks and movements into Dionne’s lovely vocal.

No comments:

Blog Archive