Tuesday, January 25, 2011

"There's A Way Into My Heart" - Glenn Rivera ReStructure Mix - USA European Connection

"There's A Way Into My Heart" - Glenn Rivera ReStructure Mix - USA European Connection

Boris Midney created disco music with a heart and artistic mind - beginning with his brain child USA European Connection in 1978 ("Come Into My Heart/Good Loving"). It was the blend of the US Philly sound and Euro-disco - and also allot of innovative rhythm and electronic fusion. It was a dream come true for dance floors.

"There's A Way Into My Heart" is from the follow up LP for USA European Connection - there is a definite move from his first project into a more current disco feel in 1979. The sweet strings and horn section remain - yet the vocals take on a more consistent role. I always felt it was a Broadway sound.

My ReStructure Mix for Boris Mideny's "There's A Way Into My Heart" was a choice to stay close to the original yet shuffle some of the sounds and pieces into a whole new movement. The killer-ass break with the thumping bass is still intact and more of the sweetness is continued.

Dedicated to the man, Mr. Boris Midney and the "midnight" dancers who help to embellish this beautiful sound.

No comments:

Blog Archive