Tuesday, December 20, 2011

"I'm Not In Love / Girl, You're In Love" - Glenn Rivera ReStructure Mix - Scherrie Payne

"I'm Not In Love / Girl, You're In Love" - Glenn Rivera ReStructure Mix - Scherrie Payne

Scherrie Payne (sister of Freda Payne) became a member of The Supremes in 1973 - 1977 - a powerhouse diva. Her solo career also took shape in the late 70s, 80s and presently with many high energy productions with disco master, Rick Gianatos.

Her 1982 single "Girl, You're In Love/I'm Not In Love" is a fabulous cover of 10cc's classic ballad - done with a touch of diva. This production from Rick Gianatos is a mild-disco rendition during the early 80s and makes the magic of disco live all over again.

I have restructured the US 12" single using both the vocal and dub to recreate a new feeling for Scherrie's wonderful approach to this song. It was always a favorite and now it remains one that I loved bringing alive again.

Dedicated to Lindsay and Nicholas for their support and great energy!

1 comment:

njblas said...

Hi Glenn! Today is my birthday, and I couldn't ask for anything better than this amazing re-work of Scherrie's classic. All the elements which made this track great, beautifully restructured to make it come alive with new force.
Thank you VERY much!! Nick & Lindsay

Blog Archive