Monday, October 22, 2012

"I'm Gonna Dance" - Glenn Rivera ReStructure Mix - Asha

"I'm Gonna Dance" - Glenn Rivera ReStructure Mix - Asha

Asha (Asha Puthli) has been recording since 1974 - and creating a captivating style of funk which began moving dance floors in a new way. It was her 1979 LP titled "L'Indiana" which struck the single "I'm Gonna Dance" on the Henry Stone label T.K. Records and created an underground hit in an new electro-vibe sound, yet Asha's commanding vocal style.

I have taken the 12" version of "I'm Gonna Dance" and created an alternative ReStructure Mix - editing the haunting like feel of the track with more of a echo of rhythm and drum fills which make the original the classic disco track that it has became.

Dedicated to Ms. Asha Puthli and thanks to her wonderful years of music and talent shared with the disco community.

No comments:

Blog Archive