Monday, October 1, 2012

"I Want A Man" - Glenn Rivera ReStructure Mix - Noel

"I Want A Man" - Glenn Rivera ReStructure Mix - Noel
Noel is a disco artist from 1979 brought to us by Ron Mael and Russell Mael - better known as the rock band Sparks. Following the release of the Mael Brothers LP "No. 1 In Heaven" which was produced by Giorgio Moroder - the electronic disco formula may have been a bit contagious and perplexing to these artists.

Taking their nu-wave-ish muse and applying a disco edge to the pulsating rhythms brought the LP "Is There More To Life Than Dancing" to life - the entire project is looked at by disco-collectors as classic dance material.

I have taken the album version of the closing track, "I Want A Man" (which I played out during it's release and in stand up bars in the 80s) and extended it and tweaked it into a new ReStructure Mix for you lovers of Noel, Sparks and the Moroder disco sound.

No comments:

Blog Archive