Thursday, May 10, 2012

"Breakaway" - Glenn Rivera ReStructure Mix - Watson Beasley

"Breakaway" - Glenn Rivera ReStructure Mix - Watson Beasley

Watson Beasley are Alfred Beasley and Gina Watson - an incredible duo from 1980 - their LP "Watson Beasley" produced by Peter Alves and Watson Beasley.

"Breakaway" is the big hit from the album and has become a classic at the end of the disco era. It remains one of the most loved high energy/disco tracks for many disco connoisseurs. The vocals always brought to mind an Ashford and Simpson-like driving disco energy sound.

I have taken the album version (not the 12" remix) and ReStructured a longer and more break injected mix for the lovers of this monster hit.

Dedicated to Mr. Alfred Beasley and sending lots of good energy and thanks for your talent!

2 comments:

njblas said...

This song had a similar feel to Lovin Is Really My Game, but was equally great in its own way. Now it sounds even better in this new mix which breaks it up a little and gives it renewed energy. Love it! Nick & Lindsay x

GWatson said...

Hello Glenn,

What about me...;-).
When I wrote this song I could not realize my talents and had very few motivators. I felt you in May, 2012 and somehow was moved to open my mind to retrieve this vibration.
Fortunately, I found your restructure of "BreakAway". I must ask where were you when I needed you? The feeling I get from your rendition is just about as electrifying as the memorable times I performed at "The Garage" in New York and the "I-Beam" in California-the electricity was unbelievable--indelibly engrained in my mind. Wish I could perform the song today-by your mix and the loudest speakers--I can you know. I wanted to transfer by song, an emotion that would prevail--for reminiscent times and for events such as now--many times I needed to BreakAway as well.
I am even more encouraged that I have been gifted to be there for everyone within ear-shot, especially in dramatic times--in spirit and in sound--hear my words---I mean it--dance the tears away--rise up--BreakAway!!

Love the mix---I need a copy!!!

Good Grace to you and yours,
For our ultimate goal is to be good people.
GG (The Gina Watson)

Blog Archive