Monday, May 7, 2012

"Super Sweet" - Glenn Rivera ReStructure Mix - Wardell Piper

"Super Sweet" - Glenn Rivera ReStructure Mix - Wardell Piper

Wardell Piper (formerly a member of First Choice) recorded her solo LP in 1979 - produced by John H. Fitch Jr. and Reuben Cross. "Super Sweet" went to #33 on the R&B charts in 1979 and many clubs were giving this funky-disco treat a home.

"Super Sweet" always struck me as an early visit to the garage sound with Wardell's soulful vocal and the raw bass guitar which keeps the groove lazy and tight! It was always a favorite of mine and a great way to start the dance in the early evening.

I have taken the 12" mixed by Jimmy Simpson and have given it a new twist in this ReStructure Mix - using parts of Wardell that always made me snap my fingers - and create this funk-a-fied tribute to this diva!

Thank you, Wardell - your are "The Wonder Boogie-Diva" in my book! This mix is for you!

No comments:

Blog Archive