Wednesday, July 28, 2021

REISSUE: “(I Know) I’m Losing You” - Glenn Rivera ReStructure Mix – Uptown

 


Uptown is an electronic dance project from producer Scott Yahney. The project released a cover of the Motown classic, “(I Know) I’m Losing You” – recorded by The Temptations in 1966. The twist on the arrangement is a winner in itself – a Detroit soul production translated effectively in a pulsating street beat format. The vocals are another part of the magic where The Temptations soul rendition is disco-fied by a lyrical female chorus. It is one of the big sleep hits of 1983 and resurfaced again in 1989 with a killer remix to bring back this force again. This classic dance floor piece was one of the sleeper hits of its time and still brings it all back.

I have taken the 12’ vocal and instrumental of “(I Know) I’m Losing You” and reworked a new ReStructure Mix to give this one another beat to pound into your feet. More of the instrumental is blended to give more distance between the verses and new breaks.

No comments:

Blog Archive