Tuesday, January 13, 2009

"I'm A Big Freak (R U 1 2)" - Glenn Rivera ReStructure Mix - Patrick Adams presents Phreek

• "I'm A Big Freak (R U 1 2)" - Glenn Rivera ReStructure Mix - Patrick Adams presents Phreek

Patrick Adams has a name that is synonymous with disco music. From the start of this spotlight of dance sensation he has created some of the most intense dance classics from "Summer Love" by Musique to "I'm Caught Up (In A One Night Love Affair)".

His contract with Atlantic Records in 1978 brought his project, Phreek. This featured Jocelyn Brown, Leroy Burgess, James Calloway, Ken Morris, Gina Tharps (Musique) and Christine Wiltshire - who sang the hit "Weekend" by Phreek which became the anthem for Paradise Garage in the early 80's.

I have taken the track "I'm A Big Phreek (R U 1 2)" from the LP which always had a maddening and swirling dance sound as well as a catchy chorus hook and created a drop-in-and-out mix. The track is the side of Adams which is the lighter-no frills sound of disco music.

2 comments:

Ptah Shadow said...

You are the man for this one! This is one of the hardest to find. This is Ron Hardy (R.I.P) 3:36am when he would really start cranking it really really loud. He would remix this song on the spot with the Reel to Reels going. Thanks so much. Peace and blessings to you and your entire family. PtahShadow@gmail.com P.S I have a blogger account I never use it but for this I had to log in and give you Love for this Song!

Unknown said...

I love it, I am a true house head from chicago, I have been to everything house since the beginning...I agree with Ptah and I am so happy you did thi-Nyoki

Blog Archive