Friday, January 9, 2009

"Tonight You and Me" - Glenn Rivera ReStructure Mix - Phyllis Hyman


• "Tonight You and Me" - Glenn Rivera ReStructure Mix - Phyllis Hyman

Phyllis Hyman was one of he most incredible voices of the late 70's and 80's and never quite reached the momentum that was possible for her.

In 1981 Norman Conners produced an project for Hyman which included "Tonight You and Me" - one my all-time favorite tracks by this outstanding artist. It is romantic and moving as Phyllis pulls us into a situation where love conquers all.

I have take the 12" single and added a few more areas of dance-ateria inserts and also embellished the song with more pizazz.

I dedicate this ReStructure to Ms. Hyman who left us in 1995, but left behind a legacy of wonderful music and her beautiful vocals.

1 comment:

Rico said...

Glenn, this Phylis Hyman edit is a work of genius. Top, top marks for this. I do a few edits of my own so I appreciate the effort you're clearly putting in. You can check mine at RicoSound.com. Thanks man, great mix. Rico

Blog Archive