Friday, July 24, 2009

"Erotic Soul" - Glenn Rivera ReStructure Mix - Larry Page Orch

• "Erotic Soul" - Glenn Rivera ReStructure Mix - Larry Page Orch

Long before Erotic Drum Band and the fusion of jungle rhythms, jazz and disco music - there was Larry Page Orch. In 1977 his LP "Erotic Soul" was a whole new sound - the emphasis of rhythms, congas, strings and orchestral movements to a disco arrangement - along with funky keyboards and guitars.

"Erotic Soul" was a song I would hear back in 1978 at a teenage disco here in San Diego - and when those strings came in and echoed throughout the club I knew I was in love. It was one of the finest moments of hearing similar sounds of the symphonic elements of Alec R. Costandinos and Boris Midney set to percussive beats.

This ReStructure pays homage to the disco instrumental - the drum beats and fantastic breakdowns. It was more that excitement for me when I was introduced to this original concept - it was love.

No comments:

Blog Archive