Thursday, May 2, 2013

ReStructure Mix Update (5/2/13): “Free Me From My Freedom” - Glenn Rivera ReStructure Mix - Bonnie Pointer


ReStructure Mix Update (5/2/13): “Free Me From My Freedom” - Glenn Rivera ReStructure Mix - Bonnie Pointer

Bonnie Pointer (Patricia Eva Pointer) is a R&B/disco singer who made a mark in disco music with her big 1979 hit “Heaven Must Have Sent You” - a dance classic. Her first solo album from 1978 contained the single, “Free Me From My Freedom” which also created a stir with many dancers. The track was produced by Berry Gordy and Jeffrey Bowen.

I have taken the 12” version of “Free Me From My Freedom” and have given it a new facelift with this ReStructure Mix. I have not only extended the original arrangement and added a few new drum tracks, but also added a guest vocal from The Queen of Soul - adding her mark on “freedom”.

Dedicated to all of the lovers of the female voices of disco music.

No comments:

Blog Archive