Thursday, July 31, 2014

ReStructure Mix Update (7/31/14) “I Remember Yesterday” – Glenn Rivera ReStructure Mix – Donna Summer


ReStructure Mix Update (7/31/14) “I Remember Yesterday” – Glenn Rivera ReStructure Mix – Donna Summer

Donna Summer is an artist and vocalist that I can remember not only growing up with – but also learning as much about her voice from the start of “Love To Love You Baby” on to her high energy dance material from SAW which was a majestic step for 80s pop-dance music to have a voice accompany these steps. Donna’s early work was an expression of what this voice could achieve. The range and power behind it from the sexy delivery of “Love To Love You Baby” and “Try Me, I Know We Can Make It” to the powerhouse medley of “Mac Arthur Park” – where it seemed our “First Lady of Love” matured into a Queen Od Disco.

“I Remember Yesterday” is Donna’s fifth album and released in 1977 created quite a stir as she delivered not only the innovative vocal for Moroder’s electronic masterpiece, “I Feel Love” – but also a medley of big band to Motown tracks that emulated a sound that was not only close to the feel – but also even more that anyone could expect. I have taken the album version of “I Remember Yesterday” and created a ReStructure Mix to take the big band flavor and compress it into a new package which would haunt us as much as her voice has me since I first hear it.

This ReStructure Mix is dedicated to the Donna Summer fans who are so generous to keep this spirit alive not only with love but with assurance  that it can never happen again.

No comments:

Blog Archive