Thursday, August 14, 2014

ReStructure Mix Update (8/14/14) “On A Journey (I Sing The Funk Electric)” – Glenn Rivera ReStructure Mix - Elektrik Funk


ReStructure Mix Update (8/14/14) “On A Journey (I Sing The Funk Electric)” – Glenn Rivera ReStructure Mix - Elektrik Funk

Elektrik Funk is an electronic-garage project from producers, Darryl Payne and Eric Matthew – the boys who also gave us Sharon Redd, Sinnamon, Eazy, Gary’s Gang, Miles Watson and many projects in the early and late 80s. This strange edged track introduced a soulful-garage vocal with an unusual theme aimed at traveling through a groove with the mind. A big hit for my club at the time since the instrumental provide a long mix alternative or longer intro to the funk-driven vocal.

I have created a ReStructure Mix here with a piece added from the “Fame” soundtrack which seems obvious why – yet I worked to take the keyboards and separate some of the punchiest segments out. It has the feel of a funk set – yet the underground sound of an early morning gem. This is a new journey – one I hope you can feel in your mind and feet!

No comments:

Blog Archive