Saturday, September 16, 2017

ReStructure Mix Update (9/16/17) "I Need You” - Glenn Rivera ReStructure Mix – Precious Wilson




Precious Wilson gives her music the unforgettable experience of emotion and enthusiasm with her vocal performances. In noted tracks the soft delivery which she lays out builds to soulful diva climax and resolution. As the voice of the disco band Eruption from 1977 – 1979 where their hits “I Can’t Stand The Rain”, “One Way Ticket” and “Party, Party” delivered satisfaction to dance floors. Her solo career in 1982 incudes a cover of Solomon Burke’s 1964 r&b classic “Everybody Needs Somebody To Love” in a new capsule titled “I Need You” – produced by Frank Farian. This 80s dance piece takes on the song with a new guitar riff which echoes throughout sweet and haunting verses into the celebratory chorus. It is a fine transformation from soul to disco and another stage for Precious Wilson’s style and sound.

I have taken the 12” version of “I Need You” and worked a new ReStructure Mix which aims more at a dreamy-dub-like mix. The 3:25 version pressed was also too short I during peak hour so I focused on a longer and deeper experience. Taking pieces of the vocals and some instrumental riffs into a whole new realm for this much loved dance number that I always had the best of luck playing.

No comments:

Blog Archive