Monday, May 27, 2024

ReStructure Mix Update (5/27/24):”I Love Music” – Glenn Rivera ReStructure Mix – The O’Jays


The O’Jays are a group originally a gospel duo and eventually became one of the leading 70’s groups with tracks like “I Love Music” from 1975. The project was produced by Kenneth Gamble & Leon Huff – the team which created magic with their touch during the mid-70’s. “I Love Music” quickly became a soul iconic song and also opened the doors to the Philly Disco Sound emerging at the time. The beautiful lyrical production is and wonderful as the vocals in The O’Jays court. This piece is a landmark in music history and brings us back to being grateful for what has rolled out with history in music.

I have taken the 12” version of “I Love Music” and worked to create a new feel using the ReStructure Mix outline. I have used the original to bring back the magic and placed a few new breaks and segue into place for a new measure.
 

No comments:

Blog Archive