Saturday, November 12, 2011

"Don't Stop Your Love" - Glenn Rivera ReStructure Mix - Booker T.

"Don't Stop Your Love" - Glenn Rivera ReStructure Mix - Booker T.

Booker T. is a musician, songwriter and arranger from Memphis Tennessee - he is also the founding member of Stax' band Booker T. & The MG's from the early 60s. His production in the early 80s were a memorable contribution to dance music. "Don't Stop Your Love" is from his LP "I Want You" and a huge soul/disco classic from the period.

I have taken the original 12" remix dance mix and given it a ReStructure treatment for a whole new arrangement - also extending the rhythm guitar movement along with the mesmerizing vocal - which many have initially mistaken for Issac Hayes.

I dedicate this ReStructure Mix to DJ Steve Fabus from San Francisco and his true heart to keep the beat and the meaning of disco music alive in his unique style and mix. Steve, you are a sweetheart and I honor you, my friend.

No comments:

Blog Archive