Friday, November 30, 2012

"Take My Love" - Glenn Rivera ReStructure Mix - Nancy Wilson

"Take My Love" - Glenn Rivera ReStructure Mix - Nancy Wilson

Nancy Wilson is the jazz singer who recorded more than 70 albums and holds three Grammy Awards to her success. In 1980 Nancy recorded her album "Take My Love" - produced by Larry Farrow and Carolyn Johns. The project gave Nancy an opportunity to grace a wonderful disco track - "Take My Love".

This album contains Nancy's style in her jazz style and also soul/disco genre. It was quite exciting to hear this iconic voice again to a beautiful and lyrical dance number.

I have taken the album version of "Take My Love" and have given it a ReStructure Mix to strike up that Nancy feeling again with that touch of soul. It is a sound that began to emerge at the end of the disco boom as tracks like "Sweet Talk" by Robin Beck began to make club charts.

No comments:

Blog Archive