Tuesday, December 9, 2014

ReStructure Mix Update (12/9/14) “Love Me” – Glenn Rivera ReStructure Mix – Model


ReStructure Mix Update (12/9/14) “Love Me” – Glenn Rivera ReStructure Mix – Model
Man Parrish hit the dance scene in 1982 with his self-titled album which featured an array of dance flavors from street, hip-hop to high energy. Quite an important project for the time for me as it brought the electronic edge of energy from “Heatstroke” and then the electro hip hop sound of “Hip Hop, Be Bop (Don’t Stop)”. His work has always reflected an innovative edge and imaginative dance beat for the new high energy and electronic dance period of the early and mid-80s.

I have taken his production of “Love Me” by his studio group, Model – which was featured on the Disconet Issue Volume 7 Program 8 in 1985 – it featured vocals from Beth Rudetsky (sang back vocals for Alisha and co-wrote “Love Me” ). The high energy track has always been one of my favorite since the first time I was entering The Probe in Hollywood and heard, “Love me, love me, tell me that you love me…” echoing through the hall entrance. It is featured here with an extended ReStructure Mix with a few added effects and some of those fantastic drum breaks.

This ReStructure Mix is dedicated to the man himself, Mr. Man Parrish – thank you Man for continuing the mystique and power of dance music. It continues to echo on and on!

No comments:

Blog Archive